lunedì 4 luglio 2011

Davide Dato performing at Vienna New Year's Concert 2011

Top Channel Tv in Albania produced and broadcasted a reportage about the Vienna New Year's Concert 2011. They did an interview to Davide Dato. I really didn't know anything about this, but some days after the broadcating I receaved several phonecalls from relatives and friends saying they were proud of me because a dancer of Wiener Staatsoper Ballettschule, Davide Dato, has been my student for a long time.

My curiosity lead me to look for this reportage. Here follows the interview and the pas de deux broadcasted eurovision during the concert:





www.davidedato.com
I want to spend some words on this boy because I'm sure you will hear a lot about him in the next feature.

Davide was my student for 3 year at MA&S di Milano (from his 13 to 16). I have never told him to do his best because he already did it by himself. I have never repeated him a correction twice while doing and excercise. He is the student every teacher dream to have and I was lucky enough to work with him.

During those years he was growing a lot, I mean artistically.

I though the time had come for him so I suggested him to move abroad in order to improve his studies and together we chose the Wiener Staatsoper Ballettschule.

Before going to Vienna we thought it might be a good idea to send a promo-video to the school. Unexpectedly we got an enthusiastic reply from the school and a scholarship offer...and all this without having seen him yet!

I decided to let him go because I did believe in my expertises as a ballet teacher but I'm strongly convinced that a telented studend as Davide needs to live into a correct context in order to grow and to be complete. He needs a stage where he can learn to perform and where he can have the possibility lo observe great dancers performing and, last but not least, to breathe the magic atmosphere that a theatre can give.

Monday the 23rd May, Premio MAB 2011 took place at Teatro Manzoni in Milan. Davide has been invited as a guest; I had the occasion to see him once again and I appreciated very much his technical a artistical grown.

As I could see that night, the choise we did some years before was the best thing to do. The quality of the movement and his technique were equal to a real Etoile despite his young age (21 years old).

A lot of newpapers and dance magazine consider him as the new Roberto Bolle. In my opinion he will have the possibility to be even greater and I'm sure he will become a successful international Etoile.

For this gala in Milano he brought two repertoire variation: one from Giselle e the other from Raymonda.

Here below you can watch the same variations but performed at Concorso Vignaledanza in 2008:



2 commenti: